Can Safari browsing history be recovered once it is deleted? Follow this guide to quickly find and recover deleted Safari history from iPhone or iPad.
“My Safari history has disappeared – I had it set to manually delete and don’t have Private Browsing turned on. I tried deleting preference file that some suggested but it doesn’t work. How to recover Safari history on iPhone X running iOS 12.3? Any help greatly appreciated!”
Safari browsing history is very helpful, making it easy to revisit a particular site on the iPhone or iPad. What if you have accidentally deleted Safari history or Safari bookmarks disappeared due to iOS update, factory reset, system crash or some unknown reasons? Is there any possible way to view and find the deleted history on iPhone? The answer is YES. In this guide, we’re going to share you 5 easy ways to recover deleted Safari history on iPhone XS/XR/X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, etc. Read on to get the solutions.
Way 1: Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone without Backup
If you don’t have any backup for your deleted Safari history, the best way to get it back is using third-party data recovery tool. Meliwe iPhone Data Recovery is a powerful tool to help you find and recover deleted Safari history from iPhone directly even without any backup. You are allowed to preview the Safari browsing history prior to recovery. Besides Safari history, you can recover deleted photos, text messages, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Kik, notes, and much more iOS contents. The program is fully compatible with the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and iOS 12.
How to Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone without Backup:
- Download Meliwe iPhone Safari History Recovery on either Windows or Mac and install it. Then launch the program and click on “Recover from iOS Device”.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB cable and click “Next” once the device has been detected by the software.
- Select “Safari History” and any other data you wish to get back, then click “Scan” to scan the deleted data in your iPhone or iPad.
- After the scan, you can preview the deleted browsing history and select the ones you want, then click “Recover” to save deleted history to your computer.
Way 2: Check and View Deleted Safari History in iPhone Settings
You can use the mini trick on iPhone to check and view deleted Safari history in Settings. Try the following steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, head to Settings.
- Scroll down the screen to find “Safari” and click on it.
- In the Safari page, scroll to the bottom to find “Advanced” then click on it.
- In the next section, click on the “Website Data” tab and you will find some of your deleted Safari browsing history listed there.
Way 3: Find and Restore Safari History on iPhone using iCloud
Another easy option for you to find and restore Safari history on iPhone is using iCloud.com. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to iCloud official website and sign in using your Apple ID and password, then click on “Settings”.
- Now click on “Restore Bookmarks” in the Advanced section, you should see available versions displayed by date and time.
- Choose the version you want to restore and click on “Restore”, then wait iCloud to finish restoring the deleted Safari bookmarks.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone via iTunes Backup
If you have regularly backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can get the deleted Safari history back by restoring iPhone from the iTunes backup. Please note that all the data on your device will be permanently replaced by the data in the backup. That means anything you haven’t backed up will be overwritten.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac that you used to back up it.
- Launch iTunes and click on the iPhone icon, then choose “Restore Backup…”.
- Choose the backup file that contains your deleted Safari history and hit on “Restore”.
- If prompted, enter your password in case of an encrypted backup. Ensure your iPhone connected to the computer until the restore complete.
Way 5: Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone via iCloud Backup
If you did backup iPhone to iCloud before, the last way to view deleted Safari history is restoring iPhone from iCloud backup. Before you begin, if you have an iPhone that is already set up, you need go to Settings > General > Reset and choose “Erase All Content and Settings” to make the device ready for recovery.
- Follow the on-screen steps for setup until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen.
- Pick the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option, sign in to your iCloud account and select the most appropriate backup.
- Once you make the choice, the restore will begin. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi during the restoration process.
The Final Thought
Now you’ve learned 5 easy ways to recover deleted Safari history on iPhone or iPad. And the most convenient method for Safari history recovery is to use Meliwe iPhone Data Recovery. All you have to do is run the software and connect your device, then wait until it scans out the deleted Safari history you needed. If you fortunately have an iTunes or iCloud backup, this program can also help you extract and restore Safari history without erasing any current data on your iPhone.