Lost contacts on iPhone? Keep reading this post to learn 3 easy ways to recover deleted contacts on iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X, 8/7/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, etc.
“My contacts suddenly disappeared from my iPhone X. I have tried almost all the obvious solutions posted online. Toggling on and off contacts, resetting network, signing out of iCloud, but nothing works. How do I get the lost contacts back? Any suggestion would be appreciated.”
Have you ever deleted or lost important contacts on your iPhone? You’re not alone. This happens to a lot of iPhone users due to accidental deletion, iOS 12 update, jailbreak failure, factory reset, device broken or stolen, etc. If your iPhone contacts are disappeared or missing, don’t worry, this post will show you 3 easy solutions to recover deleted contacts on iPhone. You can either restore contacts on iPhone from iCloud, iTunes, Google, or a third-party tool. Keep reading to find out how these methods work.
Method 1: Recover iPhone Contacts without Backup
Lost contacts on iPhone with no backup available? Don’t get hassled. Tons of third-party applications out there to help you retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone without any backup. Here we recommend Meliwe iPhone Data Recovery. It is an effective software to directly scan your iOS device and recover deleted or lost contacts. You can also use it to recover iPhone deleted messages, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Kik, Line, photos, videos, notes, voice memos, Safari history and much more data. The program is compatible with the latest iOS 12 and iPhone XS (Max)/XR.
How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone without Backup:
- Download Meliwe iPhone Contacts Recovery and launch the software on your computer.
- Choose “Recover from iOS Device” and click on “Start”, then connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the device is detected, click “Next” and select “Contact”, then click “Scan” to let the program scanning for deleted contacts from your iPhone.
- After the scan is finished, you can preview all recoverable contacts and choose those you need, then click “Recover” to restore your iPhone contacts.
Note: This outstanding software can also help you extract and restore contacts from iTunes or iCloud backup file, provided you have one.
Method 2: Restore Contacts on iPhone from iCloud
If you’ve enabled Contacts in iCloud settings, you can retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone by turning the Contact sync Off and On. First you should go to Contacts on iCloud.com and ensure that your deleted contacts are in there. Once you’ve found the lost contacts, just follow the steps below to restore them to your iPhone.
How to Restore Contacts on iPhone from iCloud:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and tap on your name, then choose “iCloud”.
- Switch the Contacts button to Off and choose “Keep on My iPhone” from the pop-up options.
- Switch the Contacts button to On again and choose “Merger” to merge existing contacts to hose stored in iCloud.
Note: If you have synced your iPhone contacts via iCloud, Apple will regularly archive a list of Contacts that can be restored to your iPhone. Click here for more info.
Method 3: Retrieve Contacts on iPhone from iTunes
If you have previously backed up your iPhone with iTunes, you can easily restore your deleted contacts. However, this method has some drawbacks. It will completely overwrite the current data on your iPhone. And you can’t preview the data in the backup or select specific data to restore.
How to Restore Deleted Contacts from an iTunes Backup:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Once iTunes detected the device, click on the small iPhone icon and choose “Restore Backup…”.
- Select the backup that you want to restore your iPhone from, and wait for the process to finish.
For whatever reason you lost contacts on iPhone, you can easily restore them back using any of the solutions mentioned above. The first method i.e. using Meliwe iPhone Data Recovery to bring back your lost iPhone contacts is strongly recommended. It owns four recovery modes to retrieve deleted contacts without causing loss of iPhone’s existing data. You can select the proper mode according to your situation. And to avoid future scenarios like this to happen, you’d better to backup your contacts regularly. Meliwe iOS Data Backup & Restore is a great iOS data management tool lets you backup iPhone contacts to computer in one click. You can download it to have a try.