iPhone stuck in boot loop, won’t update or restore? Don’t worry. You can easily fix iPhone stuck in bootloop issue with solutions provided in this article.
“I have iPhone 7 which worked perfectly but then I transferred to XS Max and recently I took 7 from storage and couldn’t turn it on. It is stuck in reboot loop, won’t update or restore. I have tried recovery and dfu mode but not working. Does anyone have any idea what to do?”
iPhone stuck in boot loop, won’t update or restore? Trying your best to fix the rebooting loop of your iPhone or iPad and not being able to crack the issue? Well, iPhone boot loop is one of the most occurred problems in all iPhone models including the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/XR. Are you facing the same issue? Don’t worry. In this article, we will address this problem and show you how to fix an iPad or iPhone stuck in boot loop.
Why Does iPhone Get Stuck in Boot Loop?
Before we begin the iPhone boot loop fix, let’s first learn some of the reasons why your iPad or iPhone stuck in reboot loop.
- Software Update – Your iPhone can get stuck in the reboot loop while you’re trying to update to the latest iOS 12/12.3. An unstable connection between your device and your computer in cause you are using iTunes, or bad network connection if you update through OTA, can give rise to this problem.
- Jailbreaking iOS – If jailbreaking is not performed properly, it can lead to serious iOS problems like iPhone stuck in boot loop. Or if you have a jailbroken device, it may attack by malware and get into an infinite boot loop.
- Malfunctioning Battery Connector – If your device is old, the battery connector can malfuction sometimes. Your iPhone or iPad can enter a boot loop if it is not getting adequate power.
There are plenty of reasons why your iPhone stuck in a boot loop. The above are just the 3 most common ones. Now we are going to introduce you 4 easy solutions to fix iPhone stuck in bootloop problem.
Solution 1: Check the Battery Connector
Start the iPhone boot loop fix by examining the battery connector of your iOS device. If it is malfunctioning, your can repair or replace it to fix the issue. You’d better visit your nearest Apple Store to get a quick fix instead of fixing the malfunctioning battery connector by yourself. Your iPhone will get out of the endless rebooting problem if it is getting enough power supply.
Solution 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
Another incredible way to fix an iPhone stuck in boot loop is force restarting it. To do this, just follow the steps given below:
- Force Restarting iPhone 6s or Earlier Devices – Keep holding the Home button along with the Power button for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
- Force Restarting iPhone 7 or 7 Plus – Press the Volume Down and the Power button simultaneously, then wait for the Apple logo to come on the screen.
- Force Restarting iPhone 8 or Later Devices like iPhone XS (Max)/XR – Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same on the Volume Down button. Press the Power button until your iPhone starts again.
Solution 3: Fix iPhone Reboot Loop using iTunes
Another troubleshooting step to stop your iPhone for rebooting again and again is using iTunes. It is one of the most effective ways to break the iPhone boot loop and restore the device as well. To perform this, proceed with the following steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- iTunes will detect a problem with your device and display a pop-up message to Restore or Update.
- Click on the Update option and iTunes will attempt to reinstall the iOS without erasing or overwriting any data.
- Wait till iTunes download the software for your iPhone. Once the iPhone is back to normal state, continue the set-up.
Solution 4: Fix iPhone Boot Loop without Data Loss
In this section we will discuss the last and the most recommended method to fix an iPhone stuck in boot loop – using a third-party iOS repair tool. Meliwe iOS System Recovery is a professional software that allows you to fix your iPhone system to normal, including iPhone boot loop, iPhone frozen, iPhone stuck in Recovery mode, DFU mode, headphone mode, etc. It is safe and easy to use, no data loss. Also, it supports all iOS devices like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, etc (iOS 12 supported).
How to Fix iPhone/iPad Stuck in Boot Loop without Data Loss:
- Download, install Meliwe iOS System Recovery software on your computer and launch it, then select Standard Mode.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with USB cable and click Next. Allow the software to recognize the device. If not, follow the on-screen instructions to enter DFU or recovery mode.
- The program will provide all the corresponding firmware for your iPhone. Choose your preferred one and click Download.
- After downloading, click Start to fix your iPhone from boot loop. Once it is complete, your iPhone will restart and back to the normal mode.
The Final Thought
In this article, we’ve explained 4 easy methods to fix iPhone stuck in boot loop problem. We recommend you to use Meliwe iOS System Recovery to avoid any data loss on your iPhone. If you are still facing any problem, please feel free to share your concerns by leaving a comment on the below.