How to backup contacts on iPhone? Here this article will teach you how to backup iPhone contacts to iCloud, iTunes, Gmail and computer.
“I have entered all my contacts into my iPhone. How do I back it up in case I want to do a factory reset? Any help will be appreciate.”
Contacts on our iPhone is the most important and valuable part. Losing your contacts can be a major disruption to your life. It is always a good idea to backup iPhone contacts regularly to avoid unexpected data loss during an iOS update, jailbreak, factory reset, iPhone crashing, freezing, broken, lost or stolen, etc. How to backup contacts on iPhone? This article will show you 5 easy ways to backup iPhone contacts so that you can easily restore them or use them on another device.
Part 1: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to PC/Mac
Trying to retrieving your lost contacts in the absence of data recovery tool can be an overwhelming task. Fortunately, it is quick and easy to backup iPhone contacts to computer with third-party tools. Meliwe iOS Data Backup & Restore is a good choice for you to backup contacts on iPhone to PC or Mac. Not only contacts, you can also selectively back up SMS, WhatsApp, WeChat, photos, videos, notes, and much more data on iPhone and restore them to another device. The program works for all iOS devices, including the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/XR running on iOS 12.
Simple Steps to Backup Contacts on iPhone to PC or Mac:
- Download, install and launch Meliwe iPhone Contacts Backup tool, then select “Back Up & Export from Device” on the left panel.
- Click on “Back Up Device” and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable, then choose “Contacts” under “Select One or More Data Type(s)”.
- Confirm the path of your backup files and click on “Back Up” to begin the backup process. You’ll get a notification when the backup ends.
- After that, you can freely view and export contacts from the backup or restore your device from the backup.
Part 2: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to iCloud
If you use iCloud as your basic backup solution, contacts will be synced and backed up to iCloud automatically. Follow the steps given below to backup iPhone contacts with iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > tap your name > iCloud.
- To backup your contacts via iCloud, tap the toggle next to Contacts if it’s not already green.
- You will get a message asking if you’d like to merge any existing contacts, select Merge.
- To check that your contacts synced and backed up, login to your account at iCloud.com and see if they’re there.
Part 3: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to iTunes
If you choose not to use iCloud to back up your contacts, there is another way to do it. In this section, we will show you how to backup iPhone contacts with iTunes. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Tap on the device icon and then click on the “Info” tab on the left-hand side, you’ll find “Sync Contacts” option on the top.
- Check on the box to the left of “Sync Contacts”, then click on “Apply” on the bottom right-hand corner.
Part 4: How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Besides iTunes and iCloud, Apple also provides you the option to backup contacts to some email account, such as Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo mail, AOL, Outlook, etc. Here we will take Gmail as example. Follow the steps below：
- On your iPhone, open Settings app and tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account and you’ll find many email services available, then choose Google.
- Enter your Google account and password, then tap on “Next” and switch the Contacts on.
- Now tap on “Save” at the top to back up your iPhone contacts to Gmail.
Part 5: How to Backup iPhone Contacts with Free App
The last way to back up your contacts on iPhone is using free third-party apps, like My Contacts Backup. It provides an easy way to backup and restore your contacts from your iPhone without needing a computer. You can backup all your iPhone contacts with a single touch and send them to yourself as a .vcf attachment via email. You don’t have to create an account or log in with any service. Please note that the backup is limited to max 500 contacts. For unlimited contacts backup, you need to download and buy the PRO version.
Simple Steps to Backup Contacts on iPhone with Free App:
- Download, install and launch this free iPhone contacts backup app , then click on “Backup”.
- The app will quickly backup all contacts on your iPhone and display the file size, then click on “Email”.
- Enter your email address and your iPhone contacts will be sent to yourself as a .vcf attachment through the mail app.
- If you want to restore contacts, simple tap on the .vcf backup file on your iPhone mail app and import all contacts.
The Bottom Line
We’ve introduced 5 ways to backup contacts on your iPhone, you can choose the one that best suits and keeps your contact list safe and secure. We will recommend the Meliwe iOS Data Backup & Restore method to backup iPhone contacts. You can make the backup in one click and you can easily view your contacts in the backup. If you accidentally delete contacts and there is no backup available, don’t worry, you can try Meliwe iPhone Data Recovery. This program can directly scan your device and help you recover deleted contacts from iPhone without backup.